Friday, June 25, 2010

I've been working on some poetry and wanted to post it even though I haven't done any editing yet.

I wrote this one after writing down 20 words from a novel.

Sweet Birthday
You're wearing
jeans and a dress
whispering and dancing in the rain.

Licking delicious fingertips
a silly smile appears.
Camera captures girls
hugging playfully
reading cards
walking under willows.

I think this lunch is superb.
You talk about eating crackers out of the box.

You found a penny in the dollhouse
and put it in your sleeper...
it encountered your toes.



I wrote this one after writing down 20 words I liked from a poetry book.

Juney
Morning cuddles and some breakfast
tickle giggle happy day
crunchy toast turns soggy
on the highchair tray.

Warm squshed kiwi in stinky lunch box
pack a new one for today
mud between your wiggling toes
ooey gooey time to play.

Glorious music floating skyward
giggling girls jump and sway.

Walking in the cooling twilight
stroller zigging off the sidewalk
bumps across the damp green grass.

Drifting homeward
looking skyward
humming now a lullaby
kisses then a string of babbles
silence follows
dreams fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment