Tuesday, June 29, 2010

junk or treasure



One on-going project is called
"Off the streets of LA"
As I walk our noisy dirty streets I have been collecting little tid-bits to incorporate into this piece/series
I have bottle caps, washers and other bits of metal, tags from the dry cleaners and valet/ paid parking. I see lots of stuff I don't bother picking up too. I have noticed that the two most popular bottle tops are Bud Light and Corona followed by Jarritos caps as a close third. The most popular type of cigarette box to toss out in my neighbourhood is Marlborough. I've been briging home ones thaat are intack and painting them with gesso and water-soluable oil pastels.

2 comments:

  1. The gesso sure does a good job of covering up whatever was on the box. I am amazed. Nice pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete